Maintaining your hardwood floors is something that you want to consider when shopping for a vacuum cleaner. They are an appealing part of your home, and you want to keep them looking pristine. However, our pets can wreak havoc on them, not only with their messes, but also the pet hair that they leave behind.
When shopping for the best vacuum for hardwood floors and pets, you want to ensure your investment will not damage the surface of your hardwood. There are many aspects that need to be looked at when considering the best vacuum for hardwood floors and pets. You need to buy a vacuum that is specifically designed to care for hardwood flooring and pets.
Table of Content:
- Comparison Chart Of The Best Vacuums For Hardwood Floors And Pets.
- Reviews Of The Top 10 Of The Best Vacuums For Hardwood Floors And Pets
- Buying A Vacuum Cleaner Specifically For Hardwood Floors And Pets
- Features to Look For in The Best Vacuum for Hardwood Floors And Pets.
- Tips to How to Get Rid of Pet Hair in the House
|iRobot Roomba 770||Yes||$$$||4.8|
|Shark (NV42)||Not Listed||$||4.6|
You will find that most hardwood flooring vacuum cleaners are designed like traditional vacuums, but tend to be very lightweight. However, this does not affect the performance of the vacuum cleaner. The best vacuum for hardwood floors and pets will have adequate suction power, which will effectively clean your home. Plus, all the vacuum features will be safe to use on your hardwood floors.
Many hardwood floor vacuum cleaners will allow you to adjust the suction, turn off the brush roller, and adjust the height of the vacuum. This allows you to clean any surface with ease. Some may even automatically adjust to your surface, which means you will not have to manually change settings.
Being able to turn off the brushroller is one of the most important aspects of a hardwood floor vacuum. You never want to scratch your flooring, and leaving the brushroller on can cause scratches. Also, look for a vacuum that has rubber wheels, as this will protect your flooring against scratching, as well.
You will notice that many top brands offer vacuums for hardwood flooring, these include Dyson, Bissel, Hoover, Sonicare and Shark.
The PowerEdge By Bissell has a V-Shaped edge design. This scoops up dirt, debris and pet hair into the center path, so it can be suctioned into the vacuum cleaner. The PowerEdge picks up what other vacuum cleaners leave around the edges of furniture and walls. This patented design is effective and powerful. The arms of the V are able to clean up small particles of dirt, hair and dander.
This vacuum is packed with suction power, and there is no job too large or small for the PowerEdge. It efficiently suctions the dirt without the use of a brushroller, which makes it ideal for bare flooring. This vacuum is truly designed to clean in hard to reach areas. It is bagless, which saves on maintenance costs. Bissell also uses cyclonic technology and has a swivel head. This vac is lightweight and easy to maneuver.
- Efficiently Cleans Along Edges.
- Maneuvers Large Debris In The Path Of Center Suction.
- Swivel Head
- 20 Inch Power Cord
- Cyclonic Technology
The Mighty Mite by Eureka is a canister vacuum. It is compact, and easy to use on hardwood flooring. The Mighty Mite only weighs 9 pounds, which means it is easy to transport from one area to the next. It can also care for carpet, rugs and furniture efficiently.
The 20 foot cord has a quick release, which allows you to store the vacuum away with ease. The Mighty Mite is compact, but very robust in its offerings. It can be used to clean out your car, or easily clean stairs. This vac comes with a blower port, which helps you tackle tough clean up jobs in and around your home. Comes equipped with a dust bag and motor filter, which makes this a very efficient vacuum.
- Great For All Flooring, As Well As Cleaning Cars.
- Blower Port
- 12 Amps
- Power-Touch Handle
- 20 Foot Cord
- Auto-Shut Off
- Comes With Dusting Brush, Crevice Tool, And Upholstery Nozzle
Hoover is known for their WindTunnel Technology, and The Linx is the first stick vacuum to have this technology. It is one of the most powerful stick vacuums on the market. It functions on an 18 Volt Lithium-Ion Battery. The Linx’s allows you to turn the brushroller on and offer, which is ideal for bare flooring.
Very lightweight, and uses a Cyclonic Filtration System. This means more dirt, dander and pet hair enters the vacuum without leaving pollutants in the air. There is edge cleaning bristles, which help clean hard to reach areas. It has a wide mouth cleaning path, which means you will clean more area in shorter amounts of time.
- WindTunnel Technology
- 18 Volt Lithium Ion Battery
- Switch Off Motorized Brush
- 11 Inch Wide Nozzle
- Edge Cleaning Bristles
- Battery Fuel Gauge
The iRobot Roomba 770 was designed to care for hardwood flooring, while efficiently cleaning up pet messes. It is also designed to cut down on allergies within your home. It conducts a concentrated clean with just the push of a button. It has a 3-stage cleaning system with Dirt Detect Series II identifiers. Fine and coarse pet hair is not a problem for Roomba 770.
This vacuum automatically cleans, and you can schedule clean ups for the week. It works on all flooring types, and is only 3.6 inches tall. It can fit under most furniture, beds and kickboards. This smart vacuum can doc and recharge itself automatically. There is a spinning brush that can be used on carpeted areas in your home. The iRobot Roomba can detect what flooring it is cleaning, and adjust its settings.
- Contains Navigation Sensors
- Automatically Docs And Recharges
- 3-Stage Cleaning System
- Dirt Detect Series Ii Identifies Dirtier Areas And Focuses Cleaning Where It’s Needed Most
- Hepa-Type Filter Traps Dirt And Dust
- Conveniently Schedule Up To 7x Per Week, Or Just Press Clean On The Robot
Soniclean is manufactured in Germany by highly trained vacuum professionals. It is designed with quality materials and features. The Bare Floor Pro is a canister vacuum, and works great on hardwood flooring. The robust suction power will care for pet hair or messes that your four legged friends leaves behind. It can also be used on upholstery, carpet, rugs and tile.
It weighs only 12 pounds, and is easy to maneuver. The hose has 360 degree rotation ability, and will reach up to 31 feet. The cord has an automatic rewind function, which will save you time when storing the vacuum after each use. Soniclean contains a HEPA filtration system, which helps cut down on allergens released back into the air.
- Made In Germany
- Powerful 1150 Watt Motor
- Extra Strong Suction
- Quiet Operation
- Lightweight 12 Pounds
- 360º Hose Rotation
- 31-Foot Reach
- Automatic Cord Rewind
- HEPA Filtration System
The Dyson V6 Animal Vacuum is one of the best vacuum for hardwood flooring and pets. It comes with a mini motorized tool that removes pet hair and ground in dirt. It is cordless and works on a 2 Tier Radial Cyclonic System. Dyson is known for their suction power, and this vacuum is no exception. It can efficiently clean hardwood floors, while protecting them from damage.
The V6 Animal Cordless Vacuum has a direct-drive cleaner head , which provides more power to the brush bar. It is designed to clean floor to ceiling with ease. You can also convert this lightweight Vac into a handheld device by detaching the wand. It is ideal for cleaning stairs and furniture. This vac can run for 20 minutes on one charge.
- 6 Volt Battery
- Direct Driver Cleaner Head
- Balance For Floor To Ceiling Cleaning
- Detach Wand For Handheld Device
- Comes With Mini Motorized Tool And Mini Soft Dusting Brush
With 1200 watts of power, the Shark Navigator is designed to efficiently clean up pet messes on any surface. The Navigator has swivel steering, which makes it easy to maneuver. It only weighs 14 pounds, and includes no suction loss technology. It also uses HEPA and Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology.
It comes with an 8 inch crevice tool, dusting brush, pet hair power brush, dust away hard floor attachment and 1 microfiber pad are all included. The Cyclonic technology will prevent dirt from clogging the filter, and has an easy to empty dust cup. Ideal for cleaning stairs, upholstery, carpet and bare flooring.
- No Suction Loss Technology
- HEPA And Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology
- Easy To Maneuver
- Swivel Steering
You need to understand what makes the best vacuum for hardwood floors and pets, before you can efficiently buy a vacuum to suit your needs. All vacuums offer different features, and they are not created equally.
When conducting research on the best vacuum for hardwood floors and pets, ensure that you look for vacuums that are specifically designed for hardwood floors. Otherwise, you will end up looking at a lot of vacuums that are great, but do not care for hardwood flooring.
Ratings occur because customers are highly satisfied with the performance of the vacuum cleaner. Also, vacuums that are multi-purpose generally get rated higher. This may make them the best vacuum for carpets, but they may not work great for hardwood. You need to keep this in mind when deciding on all the surfaces that you will be cleaning.
Your goal is to purchase a vacuum that is specifically designed to care for your hardwood flooring, and the mess that your pets leave behind. Therefore, ensure that it has all the safety features that are needed to protect your flooring from getting scratched. When shopping for the best vacuum for hardwood flooring and pets, ensure it designed to care for hardwood. Otherwise, you will not be happy with your investment.
- Beater Brushes – Beater Brushes are specifically designed to dig down into carpet fiber. These types of brushes can cause a lot of damage to hardwood flooring.
- Brushroller Controls – Ensure that your vacuum has an on and off switch for the bushroller. This will allow you to use it on hardwood without damaging it.
- Rubber Wheels and Rubber Stripping – You want to protect your hardwood from scratches, so ensure that the wheels are rubber, and there is rubber around the head of the vacuum. This will also help protect furniture and walls.
- Suction – In order to efficiently clean up after your pet, you want the vacuum to have adequate suction. No matter what surface you are cleaning, the suction power needs to be robust. Otherwise, you will be left with dirt, pet hair, and dander.
- Lightweight – Hardwood vacuums need to be lightweight, because you are working with a surface that is delicate. This will also make it easy to maneuver the vacuum from one room to the next. When the vacuum is easy to maneuver, you reduce the chances of scuffs and scratches.