Allergies are something that we all have to be aware of, because they can affect our health in a negative way. Therefore, you want to cut down on allergies in your home. Your carpet is one of the largest culprits when it comes to holding in allergies. This is why you should consider buying the best vacuum for allergies. This will help cut down on the pollutants that are released back into the air, as your vacuum cleaner is doing its job.
There are many top brands that sell vacuum cleaners designed just for allergies. The best vacuum for allergies will have a good filtration system, as well as powerful suction. Among the best vacuum for allergies you will find brands, such as Dyson, Bissell, Hover and Miele.
Since caring for your flooring is a high priority, you want to make sure you are buying a high quality vacuum. Always consider this purchase as an investment. This will help ensure you find a vacuum that will last for many years.
There are a number of things you should consider when shopping for the best vacuum for allergies. These machines will be able to significantly decrease allergies in your home, with the advanced technologies that they offer.
HEPA filters are the best solution for allergies. These types of filters suck allergies into the vacuum, without allowing them to escape back into the air. The best vacuum for allergies will have superior air flow, to ensure allergens are not released. When dirt and debris has less travel time to the canister dirt cup, there is less of a chance of particles entering back into the air.
The best vacuum for allergies will decrease dust mites, dirt, debris, allergies, and dander. When you clean your flooring each week, you can be assured that the air you breath-in is free of harmful particles that could cause your allergies to flare up.
Table of Content:
- Comparison Chart Of Best Vacuum For Allergies.
- Review Of The Top 10 Best Vacuum For Allergies.
- Features to Look For In The Best Vacuum for Allergies
- What to Look for in a Vacuum Cleaner if you Suffer From Asthma or Allergies (a Video)
|Miele Classic C1||Canister||$$$||4.9|
|New Prolux 7000||Upright||$$||4.7|
|Neato Botvac D80||Robot||$$$$||4.5|
|Dyson Ball Allergy||Upright||$$$$||4.3|
WindTunnel Technology is a signature feature offered by Hoover. The Max Pet Plus, is designed to cut down on allergies that enter the air while vacuuming. It efficiently cares for hair, dirt and debris on all surfaces, including hardwood, tile, carpet, and upholstery.
With 3 channels of suction, dirt is channeled straight into the vacuum cleaner, rather than scattered around. It has 12 cyclones, which are responsible for sorting through dirt before it reaches the filter. This helps cut down on the amount of dirt that enters the filter, while ensuring no suction is loss. It has 7 floors settings, which will allow you to clean all areas of your home.
- 28 Foot Cord And Automatic Rewind.
- Multi-Cyclonic Technology
- 15 Inch Nozzle
- 7floor Settings
- Multi-Folding Handle
- On-Board Tools: Dusting Brush, 24″ Telescoping Extension Wand, Turbo Tool, Static Tool
Neato Botvac D80 is the new wave of vacuuming. This is ideal for homes that have indivduals who suffer with allergies, as the vacuum will automatically clean, while you are getting on with your life. Plus, it is designed to help those who have allergies. This Robotic vacuum can pick up dirt, crumbs, dust and hair.
It is uniquely designed in a D-Shape to go into corners of your home. This is especially helpful when your home is busy each and every day. Dirt tends to migrate to the corners and live there until it is cleaned up. The high performance filter works on particles as small as .3 microns. Which is perfect when dealing with mold and dander. It is equipped to work on all flooring types.
- High Performance Filter And Extra-Large Dust Bin.
- Unique D-Shape To Clean Corners.
- Auto Cleaning
- Auto Recharge
- Laser Guided Navigation
- Low Sounding
- 1 Year Warranty, 6 Months For Batteries
Dyson is one of the biggest brands in the vacuum industry. The Cinetic Big Ball is one of the best vacuum for allergies. With no suction loss technology, this vacuum utilizes Dyson Cinetic Science. Which captures the dust that would clog up other vacuum cleaners. Surprisingly, this vacuum does not have any dirt filters, as the whole vacuum contains HEPA filtration.
The turbine tool is tangle free, and efficiently removes dirt and hair from carpets and upholstery. This vacuum is certified asthma and allergy friendly. It comes with four attachments, including multi-angle brush, soft dusting brush, reach under tool and mattress tool.
- No filters required
- Cinetic Technology
- Large dirt bin
- Easy Steer
- Automatic height adjustment
- Certified asthma & allergy friendly
- 5-year warranty
The New Prolux 7000 is an upright vacuum with a HEPA filtration system. It comes with a crevice tool, duster brush, upholstery tool, extra extension wand, on board hose and extendable main wand, and the well known mini head. With all of these options, you will be able to clean all areas of your home with ease.
The 7000 is ready to tackle all allergies, as this vacuum’s Sealed Hospital Grade HEPA Filters ensure the air remains clean. There are 3 different stages of filters, which adds to the filtration systems clean air effects. The motor is designed to quietly work, and it has a full bag indicator. The motor has a protection thermal switch, which will keep the vacuum from overheating. Overall, this vacuum only weighs 17 pounds.
- Sealed Hospital Grade Hepa Filter
- 3 Stages Of Filtration To Keep Your Air Clean And Pure.
- On Board Tools Are- Crevice Tool, Duster Brush, Upholstery Tool, Extra Extension Wand, On Board Hose (Stretches To 12 Feet) And The Extendable Main Wand, And The Popular Mini Head With Brushroll
- Prolux 7000 Sealed Hepa Vacuum
- Floating Head That Automatically Adjusts To Different Types Of Carpet
- Steel Brushroll
- Sealed Motor Chamber
- Led Lights
- Aluminum Wands
- Power Cord Legnth Is 30 Feet
- Motor Protection Thermal Switch
- 7 Year Motor Warranty
Cleaning your home will be easy with the Bissell CleanView. The bottom empty dirt cup makes it easy to dispose of debris. The filters are washable, which helps decrease maintenance costs. The CleanView is one of the best vacuums for allergies, and it comes with several attachments. These include cleaning, furniture, stairs, nooks and crannies.
This lightweight vacuum is very easy to maneuver. It contains Cyclonic technology, and can easily care for hair. Great on all surfaces, including carpet, upholstery, and hardwood.
Help cut down on allergies and dander that is released into the air by the multi-level filter system.
- 5.1 Pounds
- Cyclonic System
- Bottom Empty Tank
- Washable Filter
- 2 Year Warranty
The Lift-Away by Shark runs on 1200 watts of power, and is ready to clean any area of your home. The swivel steering allows you to transition from one room to the next with ease. This vacuum only weighs 14 pounds, and has no suction loss technology.
It also has HEPA And Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology, which makes it ideal for those who have asthma or allergies. It comes equipped with an 8 inch crevice tool, dusting brush, power brush, dust away hard floor attachment and 1 microfiber pad are all included. Dirt is prevented from clogging the filter with the HEPA filtration system.
- No Suction Loss Technology
- HEPA And Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology
- Easy To Maneuver
- Swivel Steering
The Classic C1 Olympus by Miele is the best vacuum for allergies. It has a FiberTeQ floor tool, which is great for cleaning low-profile carpet, rugs and smooth flooring. You will be able to easily transition from one room to the next. It allows you to control flooring type with the flip of a switch.
The telescopic wand is made of stainless steel, and it has an extra long cord. You will be able to clean all areas of your home with ease. The cord has an automatic rewind function, and it cleans within a 29.5 foot radius. It comes with a dusting brush, upholstery tool and crevice nozzle.
- Attachments: Dusting Brush, Upholstery Tool And Crevice Nozzle
- Airclean System And Filter
- Fiberteq Floor Tool
- Cord Has An Automatic Rewind Function
- Cleans Within A 29.5 Foot Radius
- Variable Motor Speeds with controls
Vacuum cleaners are not created equally, so it is important that you know what to look for when shopping for the best vacuum for allergies. When the air remains clean, you and your family will be able to breathe better.
- Filtrations System – You want a vacuum cleaner that has a HEPA filtration system. This type of filtration eliminates the dust, dander and debris that enters back into the air. With this type of filtration, the vacuum cleaner is completely sealed. This will cut down on allergies and allow you to breath with ease.
- Type Of Vacuum – This will depend on the type of flooring you have. If you have a lot of carpet, then it is recommended that you get an upright vacuum. Canister vacuums are better for bare flooring and rugs.
- Motor – The motor power will me measured in amps. It is far better to base your decision on airflow, as this will determine its suction power.
- Turbo Head – This type of head allows the vacuum to transition from carpet to bare flooring with ease. These types of heads are air driven.
- Power Head – A power head will contain two motors, which will give the vacuum more suction power.
- Automatic Height Adjustment – This feature will adjust to the flooring that you are cleaning automatically.
- Air Volume Adjustment – You will be able to leave your delicate rugs on the floor when vacuuming, as this feature will allow you to control the amount of airflow being used.
- Air Flow – This is something you want to look at when shopping for the best vacuum for allergies. It is measured in cubic feet per minute, and bigger is better.
- Odor Filtration – This type of filtration system will care for dust, mites, pollen and a variety of airborne particles. These types of vacuums use active charcoal, UV lighting and other technologies to decrease odor. A great feature to if odors are an issue in your home.
- Edge Cleaner – Many upright vacuums will include a special edge extension tool, which will help clean the edges of the carpet more efficiently.
- Length of cord and Automatic Rewind – You want to look at the length of the cord, as this will let you know how much area you will be able to clean without unplugging the vacuum. The automatic rewind is a feature that you will find most often on canister vacuums. It is very handy, but can up the price of a vacuum cleaner.
- Bagless or Dust Bag – To cut down on maintenance costs, it is wise to invest in a bagless vacuum.
- Attachments – Attachments will help you clean your home with ease. They will become your best friend when wanting to clean all the hard to reach areas.